Exodus Ministries applies a holistic approach to addressing the root causes of homelessness by responding to the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of the most vulnerable in our community. We are committed to making disciples and seeing lives transformed through the life changing Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Exodus Ministries, Inc. was founded in Chattanooga, TN in April 2014 by Theresa Biggs. Born out of her desire to see people transformed and walk in their destiny, Theresa began traveling to the inner city and surrounding areas to pick up men, women and children for church each Sunday.
Growing from her car, to a van, to eventually a bus, Exodus now provides transportation to church every Sunday, followed by a hot meal and loving interaction.
Seven days a week, Exodus partners with local agencies, churches and non-profits to provide hope, healing and housing in a variety of ways.
- Hotel rent for a week off the street
- A bus pass to get to and from work
- Laboring with an expectant Mom about to give birth
- Helping an illiterate client fill out a job application
- A myriad of phone calls to agencies for needed services
- A ride to the doctor’s office or job interview
- A bus that picks up people for church
- A tent given for shelter
- A pair of work boots for the newly employed
- Winter coats for the whole family
- A hot meal and companionship
- Furniture for the newly housed
- Prayers for freedom and healing
- A listening ear